Your WordPress website is a valuable business asset!
How much is your time worth? Why spend it making tedious updates? Your time is valuable!
Your website is fundamental to the success of your business. It is how customers, suppliers, potential new staff and partners find and engage with you. Therefore it is important that it will be up and available for your audience 24/7 without interruption.
Have you been updating your WordPress website? Is the core updated? Plugins? Has the database been optimized? Spam deleted? Hackers blocked? Did you backup your files?
There’s always a risk of breach. Your WordPress website can never be 100% hacker proof, as they are always searching for vulnerabilities to exploit. Good security is about minimizing risk. WordPress and its plugins and themes are like any other software or app installed on your computer or device. Trustworthy developers frequently release updates which provide new features or fix known bugs that must be fixed.
You should update as soon as possible to have the most secure and stable versions of the product. Updates are critical to maintaining the security of your website, making it less vulnerable to hackers.
Neglecting basic website maintenance can have many unpleasant consequences:
- Increased page loading time
- Lowered security
- Decreased user experience
- Declining search engine rankings
Just like any other software, it is vulnerable. There is not a perfectly secure website. Your website will get hacked. It’s not a matter of if, but when. So, if you can’t be 100% safe, what can you do?
Be responsible about WordPress security. That means keeping everything up to date, including your own computer; choose a reputable hosting service. Use strong passwords. Keep backups. Monitor for vulnerabilities, malware, check the blacklist status. Whew.
Website care plans make it all easier!
If you don’t have time to make updates, just subscribe to my monthly care plan and I’ll take care of them for you: let us make sure your website is secure, backed up, and running optimally, saving you the potential of costly downtime.
I cannot promise your website will not be hacked but can promise I will do everything in my power to make it harder for hackers to reach it, as well as assist in the restoration and cleanup of the website with one of our backups.
Sample of monthly report
Please note that this maintenance and support service is provided for sites that are not experiencing any issues and has been regularly updated.
If your site is having problems then I can first work with you to get your site running properly by performing a Check Up, and then start a maintenance program that will ensure it stays that way.
Your website was not developed or re-designed by me?
Not updated? Issues?
The care plan is for websites I have build or re-design, but I welcome clients who are looking for a long term relationship with a dedicated developer. Before you sign-up for the care plan, I need to become familiar with the website, how it was built and any potential issues that can arise.
Request a WordPress Check Up before signing up.
Check Up – I will review the website and check for out of date core, plugin and theme files, dead links, heavy images, password and login strength, and other issues that can affect your WordPress security and speed, and give you a list of suggestions for fixing the issues.
- Fixing Issues – Priced separately. We can discuss solutions for the issues (if any) found during the Check Up. I do not charge by the hour. We will review your needs and I will give you an estimate of the project costs.
- Vulnerabilities, security threats and biggest risk factors
- Plugins/Themes conflicts
- Misconfigured settings and custom setups
- File permissions structure, both on-site and hosting
- Major SEO aspects that need improvement
Check for WordPress core, plugin, and theme updates
Scan for malware and signs of hacking
Check for password and login strength
Check for image optimization, broken links and website loading issues
WordPress Care Plan Basic
- WordPress core and plugins updates
- Theme updates
- Monthly care report
WordPress Care Plan Plus
- WordPress core, theme and plugins updates
- Weekly removal of spam comments, extra post revision
- Weekly WordPress database optimization
- Weekly website performance scan
- Daily backups of your website, stored on secure third-party server
- Daily security scan to identify and fix any vulnerabilities
- Website uptime monitoring
- 60 minutes support time each month, which can be anything from fixing a functionality problem due to updates, to posting an article, to updating product inventory. Does not roll over to next month. If more than 60 minutes are required, hourly rates apply.
- Monthly care report